Canadian Hoops Talk Forum Index Canadian Hoops Talk
In Support Of The Game

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BioSteel All Canadian Game

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tordawg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: BioSteel All Canadian Game Reply with quote

Never seen a high school game like this sell out. This one did three days ago. Had a friend get me a ticket at the last minute , otherwise . . . Okay here's a list of the celebrities on hand. At least the ones I have seen and recognize. Lennox Lewis, Donovan Bailey, Marcus Stroman, DeMar DeRozan, Oh yes in the game Luguentz Dort had the dunk of the year. 69-69 at half.
Tordawg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The final score was gazillion and fifty to gazillion and thirty for the red team. Yup defence was at a premium. However, the offens was enough to attract NBA scouts like Lamont Peterson of the Warriors. The kids got game. It also attracted a few I Sports coaches like Konchalski, Futura, Rama and of course the in game coaches Campbell and Cheng. All of them drooling if they could only get one of these talents. Alright the dunk. Dort got the ball on the right side wing. Whoa, first of all picture a guy who is 6"4" and chiseled with a massive upper body. So he crosses his check, if there is such a thing in this game, and has a clear path to the basket. Up he goes with some help defence coming at him, if you can imagine what help defence looks like in this game. Then LD rises up and way above the rim thunders a one handed through the iron with authority. Did I say with authority. He ended up with thirty points a bunch of rebounds and a few assists. And he is still raw. Remember that name Luguentz Dort.
pistol pete

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: BioSteel All Canadian Game Reply with quote

Tordawg wrote:
Never seen a high school game like this sell out. This one did three days ago. Had a friend get me a ticket at the last minute , otherwise . . . Okay here's a list of the celebrities on hand. At least the ones I have seen and recognize. Lennox Lewis, Donovan Bailey, Marcus Stroman, DeMar DeRozan, Oh yes in the game Luguentz Dort had the dunk of the year. 69-69 at half.

Tordawg, in previous years this game was held at the Mattamy Athletic Centre.
I'm familiar with that facility, having watched nationals there in 2015.
Assuming you have been to it, how does it compare to the the U of T's Goldring Center, where this year's game was played.
Tordawg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: BioSteel All Canadian Game Reply with quote

pistol pete wrote:
Tordawg wrote:

Tordawg, in previous years this game was held at the Mattamy Athletic Centre.
I'm familiar with that facility, having watched nationals there in 2015.
Assuming you have been to it, how does it compare to the the U of T's Goldring Center, where this year's game was played.

Goldring holds 2,000 people and it was filled to capacity, except for the SW bank of seats which were not put into play. The second level tier which rings the facility was filled and the bar was serving alcoholic drinks at that level, although not at the main level. Don't know if the second level is counted when UofT says that the centre holds 2k. In my view 2,000+ bodies were in attendance. Even saw a handful looking in from the street level windows, which during OUA play are curtained over.

Mattamy Athletic Centre (MAC) holds 2,600 for ice hockey. I think it can hold close to 5,000 when temporary stands are erected on the sides of the upper level and on both ends along with courtside seating. Last year the All Canadian Game was also at Goldring, but the first year it was at MAC. When at MAC they only added curtsied seating if my memory recalls correctly. That would mean over 3,000.

MAC is better suited for this kind of big game spectacle although there is something to be said for the more confined intimate atmosphere created at Goldring. The dark walls at UofT are still something I haven't got used to even after seeing a number of games n the venue. It is great having tiered seating on the sides and the ends. The screen for replays and stats is fantastic. That said, UVic's new gym also has those features, but what makes it stand apart is the brightness of the walls. Hopefully, next year the game will revert back to the MAC as the paying public seems to be warming up to the fact that watching future Canadian NBAers in their infancy is a worthwhile expenditure. Heck, Pete you might even want to wander down from the nation's capital and intro yourself to yours truly Smile. MAC is well suited, bigger venue for this game plus drinks can be had anywhere you sit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canadian Hoops Talk Forum Index -> HS & Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: